Saturday, July 18, 2009

Here is a birthday card I finished today for my cousin's daughter Ceilidh. I finished in the nick of time too cause her party's tomorrow! I wanted it to be bright and fun and cheerful, so I think I met my criteria.


I had just bought that Cornish Heritage Farms owl stamp and was dying to use it and pop up different layers. I love the way it turned out and I will be doing more of this I think in the future. I also used flower soft on the hat pom-pom and glossy accents on the candles, hat and owl eyes. I colored everything with colored pencils and odorless mineral spirits. The background cloud stamp is from Hero Arts, as is the branch the owl sits on, and the candles were from Scenic Route. I used CTMH inks, MM sticker letters and the 4 is Chatterbox. And I even recycled! The kraft dot background is actually part of the packaging from some K&Co. letters. I feel a little greener now!

No comments: