Friday, July 17, 2009

Scrap Central Card Kit

So I'm a little slow at times... A while back ScrapCentral had a card kit that I just got around to picking up this week. I had to play with it right away once it was in hand though cause it was just so darned cute! This was just a quick card I did this week, but I hope to play more "in-depth" this week-end!


Papers, flower, ribbon all included in the kit, as was a stamped greeting which I used on the inside of the card. Additional items used were leaf stamp from Gel-a-tins, Spellbinders die, Distress inks, Birthday stamp (I think from Inkadinkado?) and a dot stamp from Hero Arts.

The bloom was originally a white prima flower included in the kit. To make it match the BG papers, I dyed it with distress inks. To do this, I always mist the flower with a little water first, this lets the inks blend together easier. Then I use a paintbrush and pick up a little color off the inkpad with it and "paint" it onto the flower in the areas I want color. I used "Peeled Paint" in the center and "Worn Lipstick" around the edges of the petals. When the flower was dry I stamped the dots on with "Vintage Photo" and Voila! Custom colored flower to match my project!

No comments: