Sunday, August 2, 2009

The Canvas Affair Continues...


Here is ANOTHER card using my new favorite thing... canvas!

I started this card for the weekly challenge over at the Hero Arts Blog. This weeks theme is tags, so I started by making a canvas tag by cutting a long strip and then folding over a flap at the top. I used my cropadile to set a couple eyelets to hold the flap in place, and then tied some raffia between them. I stamped the sentiment with paint so it would show up stronger on the canvas. I inked the edges with Vintage Photo Distress Ink.

The felt flowers are from Hero Arts. I stuck them down on yellow pp from K&Co. (Wild Saffron collection) and then cut them out. The leaves are also Hero Arts from a set of poinsettias, so I cut them up for use here.

Here is a full list of materials:
K&Co. Wild Saffron paper
Americana paint
HA CL129 Anytime Messages
HA CH179 Fancy Felt Flowers
HA CH152 Art Flowers
HA CH161 Felt Poinsettia & Leaves (I just used the leaves)
Also HA gems from the mini sets
Distress ink - Vintage Photo

Thanks for looking!!

1 comment:

Jillian said...

Oh my! I pulled out my canvas a few weeks ago too...but mine is red and green..I really need to find some neutral for this time of year. Maybe I should work on Christmas cards. lol

It adds so much!!